July 10 – July 21, 2023 (10 days, excluding the weekend) 8:30 am- 5:00 pm
Classroom Instruction & Hands-on Training with Learners
All Points Licensed Behavior Analysts, New City, NY
2023 Summer Institute-Information
Description: Behavior analysts and/or educators in public and private schools or agencies who are interested in learning the most effective methods of teaching children with autism and related disabilities are invited to apply for summer institute opportunities. The institute is two weeks (10 days) in duration. A small group (6 individuals) will be chosen to participate in the workshop. During the institute, a full schedule of activities will include didactic instruction, the opportunity to be coached during the delivery of instruction with children with autism, report writing, and individual presentations before the group. Issues of classroom management and organization necessary to establish a classroom based upon ABA principles will be discussed.
There will be nightly homework assignments.
- Introduction to Verbal Behavior Workshop
- “Teaching Language to Children with Autism & Other Developmental Disabilities” (Sundberg & Partington)
- “Assessment of Basic Language and Learner Skills” (Sundberg & Partington)
- “The VB MAPP” (Sundberg)
- “Behavior Modification: Principles and Procedures (Miltenberger) “Essential for Living Curriculum and Assessment” (McGreevy and Fry)
You must have completed the prerequisites and bring the materials with you to the Summer Institute.
- Classroom Lecture covering 12 ABA modules
- Complete written, oral & hands-on competencies covering 12 ABA modules
- Hands-on work supervised by All Points employees
- Functional Assessment of Problem Behaviors
- Development of Behavior Reduction Plans
- Assessment of a child using VB-MAPP and/or ABLLS
- Develop & write an Individualized Treatment Plan
- Meet and discuss a treatment plan with the child’s family
Outcomes for Volunteer Students (children):
- 2.5 hours of therapy for 9 days
- ABLLS/VB MAPP/EFL assessment
- Opportunity for parents to meet with the team to discuss a treatment plan
- Behavior Plan (if needed)
- Individual goals identified
- Identify the most effective teaching strategies
- 8:30 am to 11:45 am – Lecture
- 12:00 to 1:00 pm – Lunch on your own
- 1:15 pm to 3:45 pm – Hands-on work with children
- 3:45 pm to 5:00 pm – Debriefing and small group work
Format: The two-week summer institute will be supervised by Gina Tirri, BCBA. At least four All Points employees will assist with the presentation of material and coordination of the daily activities of the participants. Our goal is to provide intensive, hands-on training to the participants with a learner. You will be asked to indicate on your application what type of learner you would most like to work with during the two weeks; however, there is no guarantee of what learner profile you will be assigned to. You will work in groups of two to three with your individual learner to conduct an assessment, identify program goals, identify teaching procedures, address problem behavior, and write and present a treatment plan to the group and the child’s parents.
Application Process: All applications must be submitted by April 13th. The chosen participants will be notified by Friday, April 14th, to confirm their attendance. All applicants must provide an active email address in order for us to provide you with ongoing information.
Registration Fees: Once a participant has confirmed their attendance with All Points, the registration fee in the amount $4,100. 00 will be due by Monday, June 5th. All ten days must be attended, and there are no make-up days available. No refunds will be given once the institute has begun. Cancellations prior to the start of the institution will be discussed on a case-by-case basis.
This training does not lead to any type of certification. A certificate of attendance will be issued to each attendee that completes the training. CEUs will be available for BCBAs and BCaBAs.