ESSENTIALS FOR LIVING (EFL) 2-DAY HANDS ON TRAINING WORKSHOP
August 25 @ 8:30 am - August 26 @ 4:30 pm EDT
Addressing the Needs of Individuals Through Assessment and Planning
Using the Essentials For Living Curriculum and Assessment
GINA TIRRI, M.S. Ed., BCBA
MARGARET M. HAGERTY, M.Ed., BCBA, NYS LBA
AUDIENCE: This workshop is designed for teachers, therapists, behavior analysts, and adult service providers.
OBJECTIVE: This two-day hands-on workshop will provide the participants with information and coaching in the following areas:
- Using the EFL to conduct an assessment on an individual
- Using the EFL to identify goals and develop and Individualized Treatment Plan
- Using the EFL to complete the Alternate Method of Speaking (ASM) assessment
- Prioritize goals within the area of behavior management
- Identify goals in language development both as a listener and speaker
- Teaching procedures
- Prompt and prompt-fading procedures
- Teaching skills within the context of naturally occurring routines
- Program material organization
- Data recording and graphic display
The participants leave the workshop with an in-depth working knowledge of how to complete the assessment, identify goals, individualized teaching plan to begin instruction immediately, the methods of teaching the skills, data recording procedures, and a list of the progression of specific skills to be taught over several months.
PREREQUISITES: It is strongly suggested that all participants have a good knowledge base in Skinner’s Analysis of Verbal Behavior, as well as experience teaching children and adults with severe to moderate disabilities. Participants will need to bring their own copy of The Essentials for Living.
FORMAT: Workshop will be available live on Zoom and in person at our Stony Point, NY location with a limited number of seats available. The Zoom link will be sent once payment is confirmed.
DATE: August 25-26, 2020
TIME: 8:30-4:30 EST
COST: $495 per person (In Person)
$465 per person (Virtual)
Registration fee is to be paid in US funds only and can be paid by check or electronically (additional $15 service fee). 12 CEU’s will be provided for full attendance of this workshop.
All Points Licensed Behavior Analysts
160 N. Liberty Drive, Suite #10
Stony Point, NY 10980